With over nine million copies sold, Together for Life has been meeting the needs of Catholic parish ministers and engaged couples for more than forty years. In 2012, Ave Maria Press debuted the much anticipated new edition of this classic work, including the approved texts for celebrating the Rite of Marriage and new prayers from the Roman Missal, Third Edition.
What can you find in the updated edition of Together for life?
- New scripture commentaries by married Catholic leaders
- Sample intercessions updated to reflect current liturgical norms
- Previous regular and special editions now combined in single volume
- How-to guides throughout book to help parish ministers
- New FAQ section about the celebration of Catholic weddings
- Tips for strengthening marriage
Together for Life is also available in Spanish: Juntos Para Toda La Vida.
Supplemental Online Resources for Together for Life
Online Selection Form: Couples can log on and select their wedding readings and prayers online. Go to the selection form and submit the forms by email to the priest or deacon. Register with Together for Life Online to save their selections and return to edit them later.
Wedding Intercessions: With the new edition of Together for Life comes a new set of sample intercessions that couples can use in their wedding ceremonies. Couples can also use this Composing Wedding Intercessions Worksheet to write their own intercessions.
The History of Together for Life: Robert Hamma, the editorial director at Ave Maria Press composed a short history of the Together for Life book that newly engaged couples will find interesting. Learn more about the history of Together for Life.
Appendices: Owners of Together for Life will notice a number of appendices and other resources that can be found here at Together for Life Online. Click on the links below to find these great resources:
- Appendix A: Marriage between a Catholic and a Non-Catholic
- Appendix B: Having an Existing Marriage Blessed or Convalidated by the Church
- Appendix C: Honoring Ethnic and Cultural Traditions